I’m excited to introduce you to this new patient and caregiver resource site, LiveWiseMS.org. This unique website is brought to you by the International Organization of MS Nurses (IOMSN), thanks to the generous support of an unrestricted educational grant from EMD Serono, Inc., a subsidiary of Merck KGaA.
LiveWiseMS.org seeks to…
- Increase your knowledge about MS with information from reliable sources
- Answer your questions
- Contribute to your overall quality of life and well-being
- Empower you and your family to meet and overcome the challenges of multiple sclerosis
What makes LiveWiseMS.org unique?
LiveWiseMS.org is not only sourced by trusted medical content but it is reviewed and approved by the IOMSN, a well-respected organization of nurses who focus solely on the care of those affected by multiple sclerosis. These nurses are truly in touch with the experiences of people living with MS.
What are the features of LiveWiseMS.org?
- Resources – Our Resources section features videos, graphics, and vital patient summaries taken from articles and information from trusted medical journals and textbooks. These condensed summaries give you the information you need and can use to manage life with multiple sclerosis. In addition, all of this information has been reviewed and approved by our editorial board consisting of expert nurses from the IOMSN.
- Topics – Take advantage of our Topics section to dive deeper into the various symptoms and symptom management that often accompany multiple sclerosis.
- Community – Always remember that you are not alone. There are many others out there experiencing many of the same things and you can interact with them through our Community section. Whether through our social media pages (Facebook and Twitter) or through our site forums, you can share insights and support with others.
- Blog – Receive insight and perspective from our blog authors — both from the nurses at the IOMSN and real people living with MS. You can even submit your questions and have them answered by nurses from the IOMSN.
- eNewsletter – Subscribe to our email newsletter and receive valuable information and updates right to your inbox.
Being a person who has lived with MS since 2003, I am honored to be a part of this initiative. I know all too well the day-to-day struggle of living with a chronic illness but I also know in my heart that multiple sclerosis has made me an all-around stronger person.
And now, through LiveWiseMS.org, I hope that you will find the information on this site empowering, enlightening, strengthening and most of all, I hope it provides you with everything you need to LIVE WISE(ly) with MS.